Bilingual Child Care Aware Quality Coach
$2,000 Sign on Bonus
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Recruit and support family childcare programs and childcare centers to participate in building quality and join Parent Aware.
• Mentor new providers.
• Implement the Parent Aware quality coaching model with fidelity.
• Work in collaboration with Professional Development Coordinator, Grants Administrator, and CLASS coaches.
• Promote Child Care Aware and its services and resources at community events.
• Facilitate partnerships through community outreach.
• Establish and maintain effective referral networks and community linkages.
• Assure all necessary documentation is completed accurately.
• Attend conferences, meetings, and trainings.
• Fully participate in the assessment, planning, implementation, achievement of results, and evaluation of activities of the program/area of work.
• Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bilingual Required: Proficient in English & Spanish language, written & oral.
• Career Step lattice of 10b or higher.*
• Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, School-age Care with 24-36 approved Early Childhood credits or willingness to earn OR Bachelor’s degree with 30 college credits earned in courses related to an appropriate Child Development focus or willingness to earn OR Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development or related field with willingness to earn Bachelor’s Degree in same field OR 60 college credits, with 30 college credits earned in courses related to a Child Development focus and willingness to earn Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or Child Development. Bachelor’s Degree must be obtained within
six years according to work plan requirements.
• Two years equivalent of direct experience working with children 0-12 (with strong preference 0-5).
• Provision of or participation in RBPD activities for at least one year or 30 hours related training.
• Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings/weekends and occasional overnight travel).
*T.E.A.C.H. scholarships may be available to assist in completing credit-based educational requirements in accordance with timeline set forth by the work plan.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Knowledge of child development, early learning standards and community resources.
• Ability to establish and maintain reflective and trusting relationships across all levels.
• Observation, assessment, and documentation skills.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work.
• Strong goal setting skills and business acumen.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to form and maintain collaborations among community partners and stakeholders.
• Self-starter, motivated, flexible, and professional.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Data entry computer knowledge.
• Reliable mode of transportation.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings, weekends, or overnight travel.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
United Community Action Partnership, Inc. is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer