1. Ensure trucks are routed in an efficient and optimized manner, focusing on cost and service.
A. Benchmark for routed trucks will be 36,000 pounds.
B. Achieve overall on-time percentage of 96%
2. Supervise: Western Traffic Router, Eastern Traffic Router, Central Traffic Router and Customer Appointment Coordinator.
3. Develop and maintain dray network around the country focusing in on both cost and service.
4. Work closely with Dispatch Supervisor to ensure consistent carriers are being place on multi-drop loads.
5. Ensure all delivery appointment times are entered into loads.
6. Work closely with routers on problem resolution. Follow the routing, loading, and progression of shipments to identified “Hot customers”. Insure communication is timely and accurate on these shipments.
7. Ensure late trucks are being reported in a timely and ensuring solutions are put forth to minimize customer and product exposure as a result.
8. Ensure all employees within Routing group are effectively cross trained.
9. Send Wal-Mart BOL to the shipping departments.
10. Vacation coverage for Western Traffic Router, Eastern Traffic Router, Central Traffic Router and Customer Appointment Coordinator.
11. Responsible for completion of projects assigned by the Manager of Transportation and Customer Service.
12. This individual will have a company reimbursed mobile communication device, and will be expected to rotate after hours coverage every third week or as needed.
13. This “on call” responsibility involves the commitment to have Jennie-O Turkey Store network access to Order Processing within 2 hours of the call or email. The mobile communication device does not provide Hormel OP access, so the “on call” responsibility involves laptop accessibility within 2 hours.
14. Position does require Saturday work when business needs warrant.
1. Minimum of 2 years Transportation or Distribution Experience, with one year of supervisory experience or a 4 year degree in a related discipline
2. Demonstrated work ethic. This position requires rotating evening/weekend 'on call' activities
3. Demonstrated strong organizational and analytical skills
4. Demonstrated strong problem solving and decision making ability
5. Demonstrated strong Interpersonal and leadership skills
6. Demonstrated well developed written and verbal communication skills
7. Ability to positively adapt to fast pace and ever-changing environment
8. Demonstrated proficiency in microsoft products
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline