1. Manage IBM i attached printer customization's and support which includes resolving medium to complex technical issues related to IBM attached printers.
2. Perform IBM i database library refreshes in test environment with data from production IBM i LPARs.
3. Primary support person for IBM i hardware issues.
4. Install latest versions of purchased software releases.
5. Responsible for IBM i administration related tasks and support calls as follows: maintaining license keys for operating systems, utility software, and application software packages; writing and maintaining IBM i start up and shut down programs; and loading and applying IBM i PTF’s (program temporary fixes).
6. Work with the Systems Programmer in configuring, upgrading, and the supporting the IBM i hardware and the DR/High Availability software. Assist in the preparation and execution of the Disaster Recovery Role Swaps, which are required to ensure the business has adequate DR to execute critical business functions.
7. Participate in training and professional development activities to enable continuous improvement in resolving technical issues.
8. Monitors the IBM i LPARs for disk utilization and performance issues.
1. Detail oriented with proven organizational skills
2. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
3. Basic knowledge of Microsoft office products
4. Must be dependable and motivated
5. 2 year Degree/certification or related experience in computer related discipline
6. Occasional evening or weekend work for upgrades and downtimes is required
1. System Administrator experience with IBM i
2. Experience with IBM i or Windows Server System Administration