Minnesota State Colleges & UniversitiesRidgewater College
Unclassified MAPE Vacancy Notice
POSTING DATE: November 13, 2017
Position: MnSCU Academic Professional 1 (2 positions)
Working Title: Student Activities and Wellness Coordinator
#1 Location: Ridgewater College – Hutchinson Campus
#2 Location: Ridgewater College – Willmar Campus)
Employment Condition: Part-Time, Unlimited
Work Schedule: 75% 8:00-4:30 M-F student days during the academic year, part-time during summer
This position exists to co-coordinate student activities and wellness programs for the Hutchinson Campus of Ridgewater College. In coordination with the person on the other campus, this position plans, monitors and evaluates non-instructional activities related to student involvement, student clubs, Student Senate, campus activities and graduation. This position is also responsible for coordinating events and disseminating health and wellness information for students; e.g. Bloodmobiles, fitness centers, annual flu clinics and health fairs on their home campus. This position works to build collaboration and integration across campuses and involve students in the planning and implementation of student programs and activities which contribute to college initiatives and activities to ensure student growth and success.
A detailed position description can be obtained from the Human Resource Office.
- Associate’s degree.
- Knowledge of post-secondary education.
- Knowledge of student development philosophy, policy, practice.
- Ability to work independently or with little direction, yet cooperatively with coordinator on the opposite campus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in numerous formats for diverse audiences in order to motivate and share information, about the college and programs while also gathering required information.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the internal and external college and community including students, peers, key contacts, and stakeholders and to make decisions that will positively respresent the college’s reputation on a daily basis.
- Experience working with extremely diverse populations.
- Experience with successful event planning.
- Experience with maintaining confidentially of private information according to law, rules, policies and procedures.
- Experience with evaluating initiatives and data and integrate results into meaningful program activities.Creativity and the brainstorming of new ideas is an important aspect of this position.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Experience with a MnSCU institution.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
- State and Federal statutes, policies, and regulations in regard to educational institutions.
- Student services/student life policies, procedures and promising practices.
- Or experience in student services and/or student life and event planning.
- Or experience with creating and monitoring budgets.
- Or experience working with student leadership programs, student activities and/or student clubs and organizations.
- Required computer software applications such as ISRS, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and/or Adobe Photoshop, Access, Internet, Social Networking, etc. and well as office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc.).
- Please apply online at www.ridgewater.edu/jobs
- CLICK HERE to apply for Academic and Administrator Jobs
- Select vacancy you are applying for (bottom of page)
- Online Employment Application
- Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
- Copy of College Transcripts (originals required upon hire)
- A list of three professional references with contact information
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen email@example.com or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
It is the policy of Ridgewater College to ensure that the selection process is accessible to all candidates. Please contact the Human Resource Office at (320) 222-6073 to obtain materials in an alternative media and/or to request a reasonable accommodation during the selection process.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium www.uppermidwestherc.org