Reading Corps Tutor at Kennedy Elementary (Willmar, MN)
Thousands of children need extra help to read at grade level. Take action as a tutor because kids who are strong readers by the end of 3rd grade are positioned to be strong learners for the rest of their lives.
As a Reading Tutor, you’ll be placed at a local school where you’ll help students in kindergarten through third grade to become better readers. Every day, you’ll meet with students one-on-one or in pairs to provide extra practice and build skills.
With training and on-site coaching, we’ll prepare you to help kids succeed. Students make the most progress when you are there, so our tutors serve during school hours and are needed for the entire school year. We are currently recruiting tutors for the 2023-24 school year, with the option of beginning in October or January.?
This is an AmeriCorps member position with Reading Corps and you’ll be joining a team of nearly 2,000 tutors nationwide. Together, we’re on a mission because kids who read have the power to succeed!
What to Expect:
- Use proven strategies to help students build their skills and confidence.?
- Collaborate with coaches to monitor student progress and see what’s working.
- Conduct skill assessments and enter student scores into data management software.
- Respond to feedback and commit to continuous improvement through coaching, training and professional development.
- Represent Reading Corps at school-sponsored activities and share your experience with the wider community to help build awareness.
Want to Learn More?
Watch this 2-minute video and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a tutor!
Click here to view the position description and apply: https://join.readingandmath.org/careers-home/jobs/38235?lang=en-us