DREAM Technical Academy seeks an energetic and self-motivated Paraprofessional who is interested in providing assistance to students with special needs to ensure that learning is maximized.
- Works with individual students or small groups of students to maximize learning
- Assists the certified staff in devising special strategies for reinforcing
learning based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities
- Performs clerical and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff
- Alerts the certified staff to any problem or special information about an individual student.
- Performs assigned supervision of students during lunch periods and on field trips.
- Performs assigned non-instructional classroom duties, such as toileting, and clothing routines.
- When requested, serves as a resource person to the General Education Intervention Team and/or IEP / Title 1 / ESL Team(s).
- Demonstrates ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students in school environment and community.
- Participates in in-service training programs as approved.
- Maintains safe working environment and encourages colleagues to be safety minded in the performance of all school-related duties.
- Performs other such duties / assignments as directed by the certified staff.
- Assists as directed by certified staff in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP / Title 1 / ESL Team(s).
Knowledge of child development, Build relationships with student, Flexible and patient, A team builder
Required: AA Degree, AS Degree, 2 yrs. of Post-Secondary Education (60 semester credits) or a passing score on Paraprofessional Assessment Test.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three letters of reference to Jaime Larson, Convener at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please email or call(320) 444-8209. Positions opened until filled.
DREAM Technical Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital or veteran status, medical condition, or disability, or any other legally protected reason.