K-3 Math Corps Tutor at Kennedy Elementary (Willmar, MN)
Thousands of children need extra help to achieve grade level skills and confidence in math. Take action as a tutor because students who have strong foundational math skills are better prepared for success in the classroom, community and workplace.
As a Math Tutor, you’ll be placed at a local school where you’ll help students in kindergarten through third grade to improve their core math skills and gain confidence. Every day, you’ll meet with groups of 2-3 students to provide extra practice and build skills.
With great training and on-site coaching, we’ll prepare you to help kids succeed. Students make the most progress when you are there, so our tutors serve during school hours and are needed for the entire school year. We are currently recruiting tutors for the 2023-24 school year, with the option of beginning in October or January.?
This is an AmeriCorps member position with Math Corps and you’ll be joining a team of 300 tutors nationwide. Together we’re on a mission to multiply a student’s future opportunities through math!
What to Expect:
- Use proven strategies to help students build their skills and confidence.?
- Collaborate with coaches to monitor student progress and see what’s working.
- Conduct skill assessments and enter student scores into data management software.
- Respond to feedback and commit to continuous improvement through coaching, training and professional development.
- Represent Math Corps at school-sponsored activities and share your experience with the wider community to help build awareness.
Want to Learn More?
Watch this 2-minute video and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a tutor!
Click here to view the position description and apply: https://join.readingandmath.org/careers-home/jobs/38234?lang=en-us