Early Learning Corps Tutor at BBE Jaguar Kid Connection (Brooten, MN)
As an Early Learning Tutor, you’ll spend your days helping kids ages 3-5 to talk, read, write, sing, and play in order to develop early literacy and math skills. Working closely with a teacher in a classroom, you’ll enhance daily activities and help our youngest learners build both skills and confidence.
With great training and on-site coaching, we’ll prepare you to help kids succeed. Students make the most progress when you are there, so our tutors serve during school hours and are needed for the entire school year. We are currently recruiting tutors for the 2023-24 school year, with the option of beginning in October or January.?
This is an AmeriCorps member position with Early Learning Corps and you’ll be joining a team of 300 tutors nationwide. Together, we’re on a mission to help our youngest learners get ready for school!
What to Expect:
- Use proven strategies to help students build their skills and confidence.
- Spend your days helping children play rhyming games, write their names, learn letter sounds, and develop counting skills.
- Collaborate with coaches to monitor student progress and see what’s working.
- Conduct skill assessments and enter student scores into data management software.
- Respond to feedback and commit to continuous improvement through coaching, training and professional development.
- Represent Early Learning Corps at school-sponsored activities and share your experience with the wider community to help build awareness.
Want to Learn More?
Watch this 2-minute video and get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a tutor!
Click here to view the position description and apply: https://join.readingandmath.org/careers-home/jobs/39450?lang=en-us