Early Head Start Toddler Teacher
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Plan, prepare, and conduct center classroom days.
• Assure children’s individual needs and differences are met.
• Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, and physical development of children.
• Complete child assessments with fidelity.
• Encourage family engagement.
• Coordinate and provide services for children with disabilities.
• Facilitate the transition of Early Head Start children to the next educational facility.
• Coordinate and integrate nutrition and health activities into the classroom.
• Assist with grantee efforts in recruitment of Head Start children.
• Support and Model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Degree in Early Childhood Education with coursework in infant and toddler development OR current Infant Toddler CDA.
• CPR and First Aid certification.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Bilingual preferred both written and verbal.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
• Computer/keyboarding skills required.
• Ability to work as part of a team and provide team leadership.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development.
• Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and conflict resolution strategies.
• Ability to travel in a nine (9) county area regularly and out of the nine (9) county area for meetings, workshops, and conferences.
• Reliable mode of transportation.
• Reliable, regular attendance.
• Knowledge and understanding of child development, integration of services and of issues faced by low-income people in the nine (9) county area.
• Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
• Must have satisfactory completion of medical exam and health screenings as requested per Head Start regulations.
United Community Action Partnership, Inc. is an EOE/ADA/AA Employer