Minnesota State Colleges & UniversitiesRidgewater College
Unclassified MAPE Vacancy Notice
POSTING DATE: November 13, 2017
Position: MnSCU Academic Professional 1
Working Title: Community and Cultural Liaison
Location: Ridgewater College – Willmar Campus
Employment Condition: Full -Time, Temporary (This position will last up to one (1) year)
Work Schedule: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. M-F
*This position will last up to one (1) year
This position exists to represent Ridgewater College to recruit potential students and to assist these students through the application, registration and persistence processes. This position serves as an Academic Advisor to both prospective and current students, ensuring they have the information they need to make informed choices and that they are meeting their educational goals.
A detailed position description can be obtained from the Human Resource Office.
- Associate’s degree.
- Knowledge of post-secondary education.
- Knowledge of student development philosophy, policy, practice.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in numerous formats for diverse audiences in order to motivate and share information, about the college and programs while also gathering required information.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with the internal and external college and community including students, peers, key contacts, and stakeholders and to make decisions that will positively represent the college’s reputation on a daily basis.
- Experience working with extremely diverse populations.
- Experience with successful event planning.
- Experience with maintaining confidentially of private information according to law, rules, policies and procedures.
- Experience with evaluating initiatives and data and integrate results into meaningful program activities.Creativity and the brainstorming of new ideas is an important aspect of this position.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License.
Experience with a MnSCU institution.
Bachelors or Master’s degree.
- State and Federal statutes, policies, and regulations in regard to educational institutions.
- Student services/student life policies, procedures and promising practices.
- Or experience in student services and/or student life and event planning.
- Or experience with creating and monitoring budgets.
- Or experience working with student leadership programs, student activities and/or student clubs and organizations.
- Required computer software applications such as ISRS, Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher and/or Adobe Photoshop, Access, Internet, Social Networking, etc. and well as office equipment (computer, fax, copier, etc.).
- Please apply online at www.ridgewater.edu/jobs
- CLICK HERE to apply for Academic and Administrator Jobs
- Select vacancy you are applying for (bottom of page)
- Online Employment Application
- Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
- Copy of College Transcripts (originals required upon hire)
- A list of three professional references with contact information
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen email@example.com or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
It is the policy of Ridgewater College to ensure that the selection process is accessible to all candidates. Please contact the Human Resource Office at (320) 222-6073 to obtain materials in an alternative media and/or to request a reasonable accommodation during the selection process.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium www.uppermidwestherc.org