Minnesota State Colleges & Universities
Faculty Vacancy Notice
Posting Date: May 8, 2017
Position: Agriculture Instructor – Agribusiness
Bargaining Unit: MSCF
Employment Condition: Full-Time Unlimited
Salary Range: Commensurate upon prior work experience and education level
Effective Date: August 17, 2017
- Courses taught may include, but are not limited to Soils and Fertility Management, Introduction to Agronomy, Ag Water Management, Integrated Pest Management, and Ag Commodity Marketing.
- Provide classroom and lab instruction, prepare and update curriculum, evaluate student performance, advise students, recruit and promote the program, oversee needed lab equipment and instructional supplies.
- Maintain appropriate professional and instructional credentials through professional development.
- Participate in activities that provide service to the college and the community including committee assignments, promotion and outreach activities, co-curricular student activities and other needs within the department.
- The applicant (the employee) should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED
Review of applications will begin May 22, 2017
- Bachelor's degree in agriculture, agriculture education business, finance, economics or marketing.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience in agribusiness.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
For complete details refer to MnSCU Credential Guidelines at www.cfc.mnscu.edu
Agribusiness License Code #500170
- Possess Pesticide Applicator License
- Willing to obtain Class B Commercial Drivers License with passenger endorsement
- Please apply online at www.ridgewater.edu/jobs
- Click on Academic and Administrator Jobs
- Select vacancy you are applying for (bottom of page)
Applicants must include:
- Online Employment Application
- Letter of Interest addressing the position qualifications
- Copy of College Transcripts (originals required upon hire)
- A list of three professional references with contact information
For further information please contact Jane Bohlsen firstname.lastname@example.org or 320-222-6075.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
NOTICE: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The employee should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium www.uppermidwestherc.org