For over 90 years, Duininck has been building strong communities through our relationships with customers, employees, subcontractors, and vendors. Through these partnerships based on deeply held core values that have stayed with us for three generations, we build the projects that build your communities.
As the Service Writer, you will be responsible for serving as liaison between internal customers and technicians to work through Heavy Equipment and Fleet repair requests and ensuring work is completed in a timely manner.
- Coordinate transactions-serve as liaison between internal customers who need repairs on their equipment and the technicians who will provide those repairs.
- Manage repair requests by connecting with the internal customers to determine repair needs, arrange timing of repair, develop cost estimates, and relay any pertinent information on the repair.
- Responsible for entering in the details of the repair into maintenance management system, preparing the repair instructions, logging needed parts and including any work orders or outside vendor quotes.
- Manage outside purchases (Including coding purchase orders, charge out to work orders, etc)
- Assist technicians and the parts department team in the procurement of parts and delivery status when applicable.
- Responsible for scheduling Service Technicians for each job, monitoring estimated time logged for repairs, and ensuring job instructions clearly articulate the required safety procedures, PPE and tools for the planned work.
- Foster relationships with internal customers and vendor/suppliers.
- Work closely with operations leaders and equipment division personnel to establish or adjust work orders to meet production schedules.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent, previous experience within the Construction and/or Heavy Equipment Industry is preferred.
- Must be a strong team player, able to work effectively with a variety of people, personalities, skills and organizational levels.
- Strong written and communication skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Required Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Experience and training with TPR (Total Process Reliability) is a plus.
- Duininck does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to stand, sit and move about work sites
- Regularly required to drive to various job sites, which can include climbing on/off equipment, ladders, etc.
- Ability to work with computer equipment and office equipment
- Ability to lift objects up to 50 lbs
- Travel as required
This year-round, full-time position comes with a strong benefit package including PTO, three health plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, company paid life insurance and short term disability, 401K with company match, and more!
Duininck is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.