For over 90 years, Duininck has been building strong communities through our relationships with customers, employees, subcontractors, and vendors. Through these partnerships based on deeply held core values that have stayed with us for three generations, we build the projects that build your communities.
At Duininck our employees enjoy:
- Opportunities to Learn, Grow and Advance
- A Culture that Supports Your Success
- Family Owned and Operated
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Building Strong Communities
As the Project Manager, you will be responsible for the managing safe and efficient day-to-day operations and logistics including scheduling, financial reviews, materials, and equipment for several heavy highway construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the safety for all individuals on-site, enforcing Duininck Safety policies and practices and requirements (including proper trainings, PPE, safe practices, etc.)
- Oversee the planning, organization, and schedules of projects, working in conjunction with the Estimating team, General Superintendents, and the Vice President of Operations.
- Review job plans and specifications and attend pre-construction meetings for assigned projects.
- Coordinate subcontractors and order materials needed to maintain an efficient schedule of assigned projects.
- Provide ongoing support to the operations team for efficient and profitable execution of work including scheduling, procurement and change orders.
- Maintain strong communication throughout the project to all interested parties, including subcontractors, crews, owners, vendors, public, etc.
- Manage the weekly reviews of field logs, weekly production reports, accuracy of Accounts Receivables, approval of Accounts Payables for assigned projects, and estimate reviews to ensure projects are meeting targets.
- Work with estimators and operations team to resolve issues including contract disputes and other project issues that arise.
- Manage all compliance, site maintenance, and inspections for assigned projects.
- Travel to projects as necessary.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or related degree and/or a minimum of 3 – 5 years of related skills, knowledge and experience in heavy civil operations construction.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in utility construction.
- An ability to build and maintain strong relationships, including the ability to effectively negotiate and influence.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening and reasoning skills required.
- Strong ability to problem solve quickly and as needed.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work with variety of people and positions.
- Must be able to read, understand and apply information obtained from blueprints, surveys and job specifications.
- An unwavering focus on safety.
- Willingness to travel throughout Central and Western Minnesota, Northern Iowa and Eastern Dakotas.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Work outside in all weather conditions.
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly work extended | overtime hours, outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions at all project locations.
- Travel is required.
Duininck is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.