For over 90 years, Duininck has been building strong communities through our relationships with customers, employees, subcontractors, and vendors. Through these partnerships based on deeply held core values that have stayed with us for three generations, we build the projects that build your communities.
At Duininck our employees enjoy:
- Opportunities to learn, grow and advance within the company
- A culture that supports personal and professional success
- Competitive pay and benefits
We’re seeking an Estimator with similar values, who can put his or her interests and expertise to work. In this role, you will critical piece to the overall business in identifying appropriate construction projects, developing accurate cost estimates and submitting bid proposals.
Identify construction projects to bid using lead generating software, communicating with potential clients, other lead generating options.
- Analyze, travel to, and view the potential project as necessary to identify and determine project conditions/risks.
- Work with Operations Manager and others to determine the personnel and equipment requirements and related costs to build the project successfully.
- Solicit pricing from suppliers, manufacturers and subcontractors to build the estimate.
- Estimate the project using the Bid2Win software based on predicted production rates and other project parameters.
- Identify and recommend bid strategy and profit percentage. Review with Business Development Residential/Commercial to gain approval for project.
- Attend pre-construction meetings as needed for projects.
- Assist with the Operations Manager in the scheduling of crews and equipment.
Skills necessary for success in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of field supervisory experience in civil, road, and/or related field is preferred.
- 5+ years of estimating or contract management experience in related field is preferred.
- Detailed working knowledge of the construction industry and estimating practices.
- Strong knowledge of construction operations including materials, production tracking, project budgets and overhead analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of project specifications and regulations.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with a variety of people including team members, managers, government officials, suppliers, contractors, competitors and project owners.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a wide variety of tasks and projects while maintaining ongoing open lines of communication regarding progress and expectations.
- Comfortable taking personal responsibility to work efficiently and continuously improve estimating/contract management processes and results.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency with technology, equipment, and software. Experience with Viewpoint and Bid2Win software is a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
This year-round, full-time position comes with a strong benefit package including PTO, three health plans to choose from, dental & vision plans, company paid life insurance and short term disability, 401K with company match, and more!
Duininck is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.