This full time, hourly position works closely with Freight Carriers, Distribution and Customer Service on solving over, short and damaged issues. This position requires a person with attention to detail in maintaining records, resolving OS&D calls, and communicating status of outside cold storage units.
1. Responsible for the administration, investigation and reporting of all Over, Short and Damage (OS&D) incidents.
2. Analyze information given and determine urgency and financial impacts of OS&D incident and determine most logical disposition of situation.
3. Use collected information to analyze OS&D incidents and look for trends or situations where corrective action can be taken to reduce the number of incidents.
4. Work closely with carriers, customer service, sales and accounting to achieve optimal resolution.
5. Responsible for working with accounting and carriers regarding claim related issues to ensure claims are filed accurately and timely.
6. Provides back-up coverage for the Traffic AP Clerk and Post Load Coordinator positions.
7. Provide weekly reporting to the loading facilities as well as Transportation Manager, Director of Consumer Logistics as well as Director of Supply Chain Operations
1. Discipline, forward thinking and self-motivated
2. Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
3. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
4. Able to troubleshoot a variety of daily issues
5. Able to prioritize and organize workload
6. Willing to accept continual repetitive changes in a fast paced environment
7. Demonstrated excellent Microsoft Word and Excel skills