This position is responsible for managing the company accounts receivable collection process and function in a professional, knowledgeable, and timely manner. The accounts payable clerk compiles and maintains all accounts receivable records.
- Manage the collection processes and procedures for customers payments.
- Assists in resolving issues that arise with payments received in a timely manner, such as short payments, overpayments, or unknown payments.
- Collaborate with both the accounting and billing departments.
- Reviewing customer financials & working with management on establishing credit limits for accounts.
- Make collection calls/contacts regularly.
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Maintains all accounts receivable reports, spreadsheets and corporate accounts receivable files.
- Reconcile customer accounts, as required.
- Performs filing and scanning.
- Ensures all negotiated contracts are collected.
- Maintains immaculate records.
- Show initiative to continue learning and develop skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-year associate degree in accounting or finance field.
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with customers, team members, vendors, support personnel and management.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office programs and experience using Excel.
- 2+ years financial experience in accounts receivable.
- Working knowledge of various accounting software packages.