Who we are -
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We are a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Auditor - Supervisor
We help our clients address the accounting and financial reporting needs of their business. We’ll rely on you to ensure that our clients' financial operations and controls meet standards and are error-free. We assist our clients in navigating complex accounting matters arising from regulatory or strategic business changes, with the implementation of new accounting standards, and provide on-call accounting advice. Our people deliver the best in class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
- Consulting on complex accounting transactions
- Ensuring quality work is performed timely and in compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Engaging client stakeholders, including audit committees and client management to identify, assess, and deliver timely and accurate advice
- Identifying regulatory and market trends that are applicable to clients and becoming a trusted advisor
- Actively participating in business development and cultivating relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisors, Managers, or Partners
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred, or actively seeking CPA credential
- 5 years of relevant experience in performing financial statement audits, assurance and advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance experience focusing on complex accounting transactions
- Strong technical skills and a deep understanding of at least one or two specific industries
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing and research skills
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
Our firm purpose is to _ Help People Succeed_, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
Perks of working at Christianson
At Christianson we want our employees to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We make flexibility a priority and understand that geography does not need to be a barrier. Many of our professionals work remotely full-time or part-time and are successful, integrated members of our team. If you think you may be the right fit for our team but do not live in Central Minnesota, please ask about our remote work opportunities.
We support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.